Monday, December 19, 2011

NARS blush in lovejoy photos and swatches

I do love grabbing a new NARS blush every once and a while. I chose to get lovejoy the other day after swatching a bunch of colors at sephora. I wanted something that would give me a bit of glow, and it looked like it would work.

It's a very pigmented berry bronze with golden shimmer. I found I had to be super careful applying because it is very easy to over-do.

Swatch of lovejoy:

in different light to show shimmer:

I found that once applied to my cheeks the shimmer didn't stand out very much. On me, lovejoy turned very red and sunburned looking.

Wearing lovejoy : (please excuse this blurry photo, was taken after a very long day)

It made me look very flushed. I felt like I was suffering from a bad case of rosacea :(
The red undertone made my complexion look overly pink and I really did not like that effect.
Sadly lovejoy is not a winner for me. This would work much better on warm toned or olive skin, ranging from light to dark in color.

What is your favorite NARS blush? I was looking at douceur but I'm on the fence about it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw, so sorry Lovejoy didn't work out for you, it is a lovely color! I love NARS' blushes. I own Douceur and I really like it for a very subtle, fairly neutral cheek; I usually pair it with a sheer wash of color right on the apples of my cheeks. I am very pale, and even so, Douceur doesn't impart much color, it's definitely not dramatic. My favorite NARS blush is Sin! After that, I probably use Douceur the most, but Desire and Exhibit A are both more flattering on than they look in the pan, and fun for a bolder look!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I think this colour was an excellent choice for you, it's very flattering. I have Orgasm, Desire, and New Order and they are all really nice.