Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stylish blogger award!




I was given this award a few weeks back by the lovely from fierce nerditude. Thanks so much to you, lovely lady!
I don't know if I would consider myself really 'stylish', I more or less just wear black t shirts and jeans every day; and I do my makeup whatever way I feel like doing it :)
I guess I do have more of an 'alternative' look, but I like to keep it pretty toned down now that I'm getting older.

here are 7 random facts about me:

1. If you are wondering how on earth I came up with the name for my blog 'makeup or morte' ...well here it is. It translates to 'makeup or die'.
A few years ago I had some very horrible things happen. I was sicker than I've ever been in my life. I could barely leave the house for months. I was weak and I felt like I was dying. And throughout this time, I kept telling myself that if I'm going to die anyways I may as well die looking pretty. Even though I could barely stand up, I would force myself to put some makeup on. I couldn't even leave the house but I did it just to feel good about myself in that little way.
So when I thought about a name for my blog, makeup or morte came to me naturally ;)

2. I love dance music, it always puts me in a good mood.

3. I am an awesome cook. I like making gourmet meals and my specialty is Chinese food.

4. I write a lot. I have a lot of journals I've kept them since I was 6. Somewhere around 20 of them. Maybe more. A few have gone missing through the years :( I wish I could get them back.

5. I am certified in cosmetology but I chose not to work in a salon or as a makeup artist because I can't stand touching people.

6. Ok so I was quite the goth from age 15 into my early 20's. I used to wear so much black eyeliner you couldn't tell what color my eyes were- LOL

here is a pic for reference:



7. I can't think of anything else at the moment. If you are curious of anything just ask me!

Also wanted to mention I've extended my giveaway closing date. It's now open until June 1! Now there is more time for everyone to enter :)

1 comment:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I LOVE your facts as I can identify with most of them!! Hell yeah to putting on makeup when you are sicker than death! It really does make you feel a little bit better about yourself. I also love dance music and hate touching people. Love your goth pic!