The colors in this palette are quite different from Kat's other releases. They are somewhat sheer and very 'springy'. There is no black or silver eyeshadow in sight!
I also noticed the colors seem to be kind of 'thrown' together. They don't jive together impeccably nicely like they always seem to in Kat's other palettes. I find Ludwig is especially color coordinated perfectly, making it a breeze to swipe on and go.
With truth, I found it slightly difficult to pick and choose which colors to use where . It's limiting because there is only one deep color, Prague.
I also found even after layering a bunch of times it's hard to get a very bright look. I always find the colors end up looking somewhat neutral.
My own color descriptions:
- sugar skull is a light whitish wash of a color with a golden duo-chrome sheen
- long distance is a lightly pigmented medium shimmery chartreuse
- snake eyes is a light grass green with golden shimmer
- Finland is a sheer teal cream shadow
- Prague is a deep eggplant with shimmer
- galeano is a shimmery light taupey purple, also in kat Von D's Beethoven palette
- rehab is a gorgeously pigmented shimmery beige
- sister is a matte peach, slightly chalky but still quite pigmented
I did two EOTD's with truth, one using mainly the green side and one using the more neutral side.
I have to play around with this some more to get a feel for it. I think it's nice because it's different, but at the same time I feel it is 'missing' something. A dark shimmery teal would have made this palette perfect!
What do you think of this new palette? Which colors do you think would go good together?