Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ultraflesh panthera mascara review

This 'couture' mascara was love at first sight. One day I saw a picture of this cute little mascara with a jaguar head on it and it had to be mine.
I am such a sucker for packaging!

If I were to rate this mascara solely on the design, I would give it 5/5 for sure. It's slim, black cute and the cat head on it is just too cool. It looks great sitting on my vanity.

The brush... well it's ok. There are lots of teeth and they are spaced out fairly wide. It wasn't hard to use but I found it to be a little sharp. It did grab all my lashes pretty well.

panthera brush:

The results were not anywhere near as exciting as the cool cat packaging. I found the mascara itself rather mediocre. Not bad but not really good either. I had very high hopes for this.

Wearing panthera mascara (2 coats) :

It separated my lashes nicely, added a little volume and a tiny bit of length.
I didn't have much clumping even when I tried to layer and build more volume.
The formula stayed all day and didn't smudge or flake which was nice.

Overall, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for more drama and length from panthera. I really like the packaging but when it comes down to it that's what I paid for since the product itself isn't anything special.
I wouldn't reccomend this unless you are feeling very frivolous. The best part is the tube!

Repurchase? No. way too expensive for an average mascara.

Price: $28 CAD

Rating: 3/5

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw, it's too bad about this mascara! The tube is exceedingly cute, though...

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Too bad the mascara wasn't great, I had wanted this just for the jaguar head, but I probably won't bother now.