Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wet n Wild silent treatment trio photos, swatches and EOTD

I sort of had high expectations of this trio, since everyone is always raving about how great the new Wet n Wild eyeshadows are.

top to bottom: brow bone color, crease color, lid color

They have decent pigment, and the color payoff is pretty good over an eyeshadow primer.
I did find the brow bone and crease shades a bit chalky. The brow bone color is especially hard to work with, I practically had to dig at it to get it to show up.

Swatches top to bottom: lid, crease, brow (you can barely see it!)

My favorite is the smooth textured lid color (top), it's the winner of the trio!
EOTD using all 3 colors:



This trio is ok, but nothing amazing. I really like the lid color and I would buy it separately because I'm not going to use the crease and brow bone colors much.
I find some of Wet n wild products great, while others are sort of mediocre. The best thing about the brand is that it's easy on the wallet!

I suppose I am used to using more expensive buttery pigmented eyeshadows all the time, so I wasn't wowed by this at all. I can see how some would think it's great.
Do you like Wet n Wild products? Whats your favorite?

5 comments:

From Broadway said...

this is a gorgeous look!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you :)

Vijaya said...

One of those colors looks nearly invisible against your skin!

Hadia said...

The eyes look really pretty!

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

GORGEOUS look! Wow!