Sunday, September 11, 2011

Estee Lauder double wear light foundation review



One foundation I tried during the summer was Estee Lauder double wear light.
I wanted something that would last all day and still look natural.
Unfortunately, even with a light summer tan I could not get a color match in this foundation.
I ended up with intensity 1.0, and it's much too orange for me.

Swatch of intensity 1.0 :

blended into my skin :

It is disappointing that Estee Lauder doesn't make lighter more neutral shades in this foundation.
The only way I can get this to work is if I use a lighter powder on top.

The coverage is good, and the finish is really nice and natural looking. It's satiny and looks a little bit dewy.
It lasts about 8 hours without any fading or shifting on me. Keep in mind this is humid summer weather, and I sweat a lot at my job.

Wearing double wear light after 8 hours:

You can see after 8 hours my skin still looks fresh, but the foundation has slightly started to wear off from my cheeks and nose area. This is most likely from me blowing my nose a lot from allergies.
I didn't have any irritation or break outs from this foundation.

I like double wear light, but I would rather stick with my Revlon colorstay for 1/2 the price. It works just as well for me, and I can actually get a proper color match! You can see my colorstay review here.

repurchase? no

rating: 3.5/5

price: $40 CAD

No comments: