Monday, January 9, 2012

NOTD: Essence magnetics nail art photos


I tried these Essence magnetic polishes a while ago, I got them in a swap from Europe as they are only available there as far as I know. The magnet effect is really cool and unique. Now of course I've recently come accross Nail inc. magnetic polishes at Sephora that give the same effect - but they are super expensive.

I got a few colors to try, the gold is called pixie dust! and the awesome shark skin gunmetal grey is hex! hex!.
hex! hex! is on the pinkie, pixie dust! is on all others

What I didn't like about these is that they dried super fast and you have to work really quick to get a nice effect. The tiny magnet you use to make the stripes is difficult to get close to the nail without smudging the polish. I messed it up a few times before I got the hang of it.

I do think it's worth the effort afterwards because it really looks neat.

I wish you could make different designs instead of just stripes. I want to figure out how to tweak the magnet so I can make different shapes!

Have you tried any magnetic nail polishes? did you like it?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the idea of magnetic nail polishes, but I don't own any yet! These are both very cute colors, though, and I love the look of the stripes.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

These are SO COOL! I want one of the Nails Inc. ones but I agree, they are really freakin' expensive!!!