Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lancome Desert Rose island horizon blush photos, swatches and FOTD

Recently I had a little impulse buy, it was GWP time at Lancome and I just couldn't help myself. I brought home this gorgeous blush in the color island horizon.

Desert Rose subtle shimmering blush is limited edition from the Lancome summer 2011 bronze azure collection. At $48 CAD this is a bit of a splurge but I really think it will get lots of use from me this season!
It turns out that this is a perfect natural looking blush to add a little glow to pale skin.

The design is interesting. I don't think it's overly 'pretty' which is good because I usually have a hard time using fancily designed powders.
Island horizon is different from your average blush because the colors range from light bronze to rose to light pink to pearl. Depending on what look you want to get from it you could use the lighter colors or the darker colors.

I use this blush all swirled together because I find it creates a very natural looking flush. It looks very dainty on, with very subtle shimmer and rosy beige tones. It's perfect for the 'no makeup' look!

Swatches :

(Top) swatched heavily (Bottom) swatched lightly
(Top) swatched heavily (Bottom) swatched lightly
Here I am wearing it lightly, please ignore the horrible face. The blush looks quite natural doesn't it? Just adds a light rosy glow.
Here I really piled it on to show the color. Even with multiple layers it still manages to look nice and flushed, not too pink or orange. Just right.

I think this is the perfect summer blush for fair skinned ladies! I really don't think it would show up on darker skin tones. If anything, it would serve as a subtle highlighter on dark skin.

Are you liking any particular cheek colors this season? What blush do you like to use in the summer?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a lovely blush color! It reminds me a bit of a Laura Mercier bronzer I had years ago that I always thought was flattering. I'm kicking myself that I missed the GWP, they had that cute summery bag, too... Oh well, thanks for sharing this color!