Sunday, August 28, 2011

Help save the sharks! LUSH shark fin soap

I stopped in at Lush the other day to find a table with shark fin soaps and a public petition to stop the slaughter of sharks for their fins.
I immediately signed the petition, and was about to walk out when the sales lady mentioned that 100% of the proceeds from shark fin soaps go to shark savers!
I don't like bar soap much, but I want to support sharks any way I can, so I brought home this little baby, and I'm so glad I did!


In case you didn't know, sharks are my favorite animals. In particular, the great white shark.
I don't cry very often, but when I see footage of shark finning, or any shark killing at all, I burst into tears. They are my soul animal.

Shark fin soap is actually really neat! The top portion looks like the oceans surface, with a shark fin swimming through it.

The bottom of the soap is bejeweled with sea salt and sea weed. Very oceanic, and exfoliating!

This soap smells like the sea, comforting, fresh invigorating and natural. I actually love it. It's great for exfoliating any dry patches or rough parts.

Even if you don't plan on buying this soap, please just stop in to your nearest LUSH and sign the petition to ban shark finning.
These inhumane beasts catch sharks, cut thier fins off and throw them back into the ocean to die. It's the saddest thing in the world.
Together, we can help these beautiful sharks from going extinct! <3

UPDATE: you can sign the online petition to help sharks! choose which petition is from your country, and help save the sharks right now :) click here for more information.

1 comment:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Neat soap! I might have to go see if the LUSH here has any left, I ADORE sharks!