Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NYX taupe blush photos, swatches and FOTD

I had no clue where to start up with my posts, I have about 30 or so new product swatches and reviews to share so I just picked one randomly!

NYX blush in taupe is my first NYX blush ever. Can you believe that? Although, it really doesn't fit the bill as a 'blush'; It's most definitely a contour color. I'd describe it as mid-tone dirty taupe with a mauve cast. It doesn't look very flattering in the package.

There is no shimmer or shine, but it isn't completely flat either. It's got a nice soft satin matte finish.

Swatch of taupe blush:

It looks like a bruise on my ghost skin! Surprisingly, it works nicely as a contour, but I have to be careful to use a light hand since it can look dirty if I apply too much.
I'd recommend this to anyone to contour with. It can create a really nice shadow below the cheekbones or any other area of the face you want to 'recede'.

FOTD wearing taupe contoured under cheekbones:

I like how it doesn't look fake or too orange like some contour/bronzers do. It acts as a natural looking shadow which is exactly what you want when contouring.

I have to say that I am impressed with the pigmentation, and you can bet I'll be getting myself some more NYX blushes in the future!

Do you like NYX blush? Any favorite colors?

3 comments:

Midnight Violets said...

Looks great! I may have to pick myself one of these up at some point!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This looks really nice as a contour, but it does look scary in the pan!

Savannah said...

This would be really good to tone down a darker crease color. I'm going to check this out next time I'm at Ulta(:

xxx