Friday, April 13, 2012

Rimmel Extra WOW Lash mascara review

Link
I've tried several Rimmel mascaras in the past. I only really liked and have repurchased is their eye magnifier. I have a few other short and sweet Rimmel mascara reviews here if you're interested.

Extra wow lash is marketed as a layerable type of mascara, basically you control if you want more or less of a dramatic look by building layers.

The brush is mid sized and has a somewhat fluffy wand, the bristles are large and dense.
I found it quite easy to use and it didn't get all messy like some mascaras do.

extra wow lash wand:

I played around with this mascara and it is totally buildable. It looks good with one or two coats, but really starts to look intense with 3-4 coats - and no clumping either.
That is a major plus in my books because I love layering mascara.

with 2 coats:

with 4 coats:

You can see it adds some length and volume, slightly separates too.
I found it didn't hold curl as much as I'd have liked, but it didn't weigh my lashes down either.
It has a basic formula that is sort of wet to enable lots of layering.
Wear wasn't bad but it did start to flake on me after 6 hours - this is mainly when I put on lots of layers.

Overall, if you are on a budget this mascara is a pretty decent one to get from the drug store. It's so cheap I say try it out! I found mine on sale, I think it cost $3.97 or something crazy.

Repurchase? maybe - if I am in need of a cheap mascara fix!

Price: $4.99 CAD

Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This mascara looks really nice on you! I like being able to layer mascara, too. I may have to check this out if I ever get fed up with my current go-to mascara!