Thursday, April 12, 2012

Too Faced lashGASM mascara review

I admit it, I bought this mascara mostly because of the name. I ended up getting a back up too, because I thought I'd love it to death. It promises 'fluffy lashes, dramatic length and intense color'.

With a name like lashgasm, I was expecting to be really wowed. I've used Too Faced lash injection pin point mascara before, and I liked it a lot- so I figured this one would be good.

The brush has spiky bristles to grab your lashes and I found that it did a great job of coating every lash. It is a little bit sharp but nothing too crazy.

lashgasm brush:

The formula was decent, but a little bit odd. After applying a few coats I found that my lashes - bottom and top would stick together. Even after it dried it felt somewhat sticky, and especially my outer lashes would sometimes get 'tangled' together. Not cool!

It added some decent length and volume, and the color was really rich black.
I had no smearing or flaking with this.

Wearing lashgasm:

I found lashgasm held some curl. It's somewhat surprising since it was a sticky formula.
One problem I had was clumping. Trying to build layers was difficult, because it tended to stick all of my lashes together. The brush helps separate lashes, but a few coats will cause major clumps regardless.

Removal was difficult. It was like glue... I stopped using it because I had to tug on my eyes so much to take it all off.

There are some really nice things about this mascara and some not so great things... I personally didn't find it worked well for me. For the price I say forget it.

Repurchase? No

Price: $28 CAD

Rating: 3/5

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your lashes look beautiful! That is strange about the formula being sticky, though... I'm not sure I could get used to that!