Thursday, January 6, 2011

Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm 09 Ultra Violet photos and swatches

I've wanted to try Clarins color quench balms for a while, and recently picked up my first in ultra violet. The color is crazy bright purple in the tube, but looks really pretty and sheer on the lips.

The slant tip applicator makes for easy application and no messy wand. The texture is more of a gloss than a balm, but feels nice and moisturizing on.
This reminds me of Clinique's superbalm only it smells delightful like berries. Clinique's had an awful chemical scent to it I couldn't stand.

ultra violet looks very cool purple:
It sheers out to a nice cool rose color:
It's quite sheer and looks nice and glossy on. The color is just a bit deeper and cooler than my natural lips.
This is a color that would make your teeth appear whiter!

I wasn't impressed with the lasting power, maybe an hour or so for me. It is a gloss. Not a bad product, but not amazing either.

Have you tried color quench balms? did you like them?

No comments: