Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bare Escentuals Buxom lips lipgloss Gabby photos & swatches

This is my fist buxom lips gloss, and I have to say I really like it. It smells like sugar cookies and angel food cake! Yum. When applied, it has a minty tingle, and after a few minutes your lips feel really cold. It's neat, it feels like an ice cube on your lips.

Gabby is a plummy pink raspberry color. It leans more red than pink. It has a little bit of gold sparkle to it as well.
It applies a lot brighter than it looks in the tube. It's nice but just a little too red toned for my liking.



As for any plumping action? Nada! It didn't make any difference in the volume of my lips at all. I wouldn't call this a lip 'plumper', in fact I think it's false advertising. It has a lot of menthol in it to make your lips tingle, just like a C.O. Bigelow mint gloss.
Just as the BE buxom mascara failed to perform in the volume department, (see my review here) I can't say buxom lips is very buxom at all.
Even for $23 CAD I think this is a nice gloss, it smells amazing and lasts quite a while on the lips. I would love to try other colors from this line.

No comments: