Saturday, October 23, 2010

MAC marine life highlight powder swatches and FOTD

Marine life highlight powder was released with the MAC summer 2010 'to the beach' collection. It sold out within minutes, as people bought 3 or so of them at a time to hoard. I promised myself I would not give in to the hype of marine life, since I knew it would not suit me at all. But, I recently managed to find myself doing some midnight bidding on eBay - laughing to myself I'd never win it. Turns out, I did win. Oops.
Just looking at this is enough for me, it's a real piece of art.
It is so pigmented, I only touched it and look at my fingers!
here I swatched the peach and pink side by side:
mixed together:
The shimmering gold over-spray is gone after one use. (I only used the right side)
Here is my FOTD wearing marine life as a blush. It's so pigmented I had to use it very lightly. It's really really bright. I liked the color but it was just ' too much '. Since I have such light skin it stuck out like a sore thumb.

This would look so great on darker skin tones!
FOTD breakdown:
eyes:
- I used MAC mineralize eyeshadow duo in love connection (see this EOTD breakdown here)
face:
- MAC mineralize skin finish natural light medium
- Carmindy your skin foundation ecru beige
- marine life as a blush
- Elf gotta glow as a highlight and to blend marine life
lips:
-MAC hue lipstick

No comments: