Friday, October 22, 2010

NARS pampa lip stain gloss swatches

NARS describes pampa simply as 'nutmeg'. Not overly accurate since nutmeg doesn't have gold iridescence in it. Pampa is definitely a red-toned brown leaning bronze with a subtle golden cast.

Swatched without flash:
With flash:
Used lightly, you can see the bit of gold in it
It looks so nice with a gloss over top. Here I put NARS moonfleet gloss over top:
This is my first lip stain from NARS, and I was impressed with the texture and staying power. It is really mousse-like and dries to a smooth matte finish after a few minutes.
It lasted for a few hours and it didn't really dry out my lips. I would probably try other colors if I can find one I like. Pampa just looks a bit too warm on me.

NARS Cosmetics Summer 2009 Lipstick

No comments: