Monday, October 18, 2010

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond shimmer brick photos & swatches

I'm personally not a fan of Bobbi Brown, but I just had to try this Limited Edition golden toned shimmer brick.
It's really quite pretty. There is not much copper in it. It's mainly gold. And it's really shimmery!
I tried to swatch the strips separately, but I couldn't get a very good shot because the colors are all so similar, they seem to blend together on my skin-tone.
Blended together:
It gives a really gorgeous golden glow. I like it but I think it is a bit too yellowed gold on my fair skin. It would look amazing on darker skin tones.

I really don't think that shimmer bricks are worth the money. They are so easily duped with much less expensive products such as milani glimmer stripes and Physicians formula shimmer strips. They are essentially all the same thing - a highlighting product. And they all have the same kind of shimmery glitter texture. My favorite is Milani glimmer stripes in honey glimmer. I must do some swatches on that one.

No comments: