Tuesday, December 7, 2010

trash review: Vichy Aqualia Thermal UV hydrating treatment

The latest product I have used up completely is my lovely Vichy UV moisturizer.
I bought this last Christmas, and I've only run out a couple of weeks ago. It lasted me almost a whole year!

All you need is one pump for your entire face

When blended onto my hand, you can see it absorbed really well, and left behind a very slight 'glow' thanks to the tiny mica particles.
A lot of moisturizers either leave my skin too greasy feeling, or dry. This one leaves my skin just right, and makes a perfect base for makeup application.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Dimethicone, Glycerin, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii butter/shea butter, Butylmethoxydibenzoylmethane, drometrizole trisiloxane, hexyldecanol, hexyldecyl laurate, terephthalylidene dicamphor , sulfonic acid, sucrose stearate, silica, poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, MICA, Triethenolamine, Dimethiconol, methylparaben sodium polyacrylate, sodium hydroxide, sodium chloride, sodium hyaluronate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, aluminium starch octebylsuccinate, phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl acetate, EDTA, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Butylparaben, polyphosphorylcholine glycol acrylate, Polyvinyl alcohol, butylene glycol, fragrance.


My skin is very sensitive and reactive, so I can't use just any moisturizer. It also gets horribly dry in the winter, I need something that is going to provide a good barrier for my skin.
Last but not least, having very fair skin requires using adequate sun protection 365 days a year to avoid premature wrinkles.
Vichy UV totally fits the criteria for all my winter skin needs!
It hydrates, has broad spectrum UVA And UVB protection, and doesn't irritate or clog my skin.
Definitely a winner for me, and anyone who needs a good daytime moisturizer.
It might seem expensive, but with a product like this a little goes a long way and I totally think it's worth it.

Repurchase? yes

Price: $28 USD, $30 CAD


Rating: 5/5

No comments: