Monday, November 22, 2010

MAC my dark magic mineralize eyeshadow duo photos, swatches and EOTD



Finally, I've got the other eyeshadow from the Maleficent line in
MAC's Venomous Villains collection!

It's very pretty, but I have recently realized just how much MAC's mineralize products can differ from each other.
If you take a look at my post on she who dares eyeshadow duo here, you'll see the full on shimmers on both sides of the shadow, without much black veining at all. The my dark magic shadow I received doesn't have as much glitter in it as I'd been expecting, instead it's got a lot of pink and black veining.

Swatched dry: pink side, and purple side

Swatched wet: pink side, purple side
The pink side has a more blackened grey base like young punk or beauty marked, and the purple side is very dark black.

Purple side wet, the shimmer is absolutely stunning, the violet glitter just pops

And here, I've swatched the pink side of my dark magic beside MAC young punk eyeshadow to compare.
Both are swatched wet:
They are very very similar. In my case, the pink side of my dark magic doesn't have as much dense pink glitter as young punk.
When I try to use the pink side of my dark magic alone, it seems that the purple glitter still comes through, since there is much more purple glitter in mine.
I can't say they are exact dupes because in this situation they aren't. If you have my dark magic and it has loads of glitter on the pink side, then I could safely say you don't need young punk.

And here is my EOTD using both sides of My dark magic dry. The violet shimmer pops a lot more than the pink, and surprisingly has excellent color pay off when used dry.
(breakdown below)





EOTD Breakdown:

- GOSH waterproof eyeshadow base stick
- my dark magic (pink side) all over lid
- my dark magic (purple side) in the crease blended upwards
- NARS all about eve duo to blend and highlight
- Cover girl lash blast fusion mascara
- Cover girl liquiline blast liner black fire to tightline
- urban decay 24/7 liner 1999 along lower lash line

No comments: